Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Well, I'm actually blogging....

In honor of my 44th birthday I am starting a blog. Seems like an odd year to chose, you say? Forty or fifty maybe--but forty-four?

Multiples of eleven are a special part of my life. My husband is eleven years older than me. He was born in 1955, I was born in 1966. I was even born on the 22nd of the month. We got married in 1988--ideally we would have waited until the 11th day of the 11th month (I would have been 22 and he 33), but we didn't want to wait that long, so opted to get married on Leap Year Day---February 29 (2 + 9 = 11!).

One of our six children shares our situation--he was born in 1999 and turned 11 this year. We had our 22nd anniversary this year, and Norm will hit 55 in a couple of months. I'm kinda sad that since we have reached the 21st century the years of us turning a multiple of 11 in a year that ends in a multiple of 11 has ended.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's pretty wild. I'll look forward to your posts. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your posts, Trish! Put you right into my bloglines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Looking forward to this, Trish! I love the first post already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's neat! Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies! Don't know as I'll have anything too profound to share, but have a few ideas running around in my head. It may be "on hold" until we get back from S. Carolina mid-month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As for the 11/11 thing, I told you I had two sisters that died before I was born. Had she lived, Bonita would have been 11 when Sharon was born, and Sharon would have been 11 when I was born.

    ReplyDelete